neděle 20. ledna 2008

Greek River song


The river song ( by the greek students )

It is a greek traditional song , typical of the Drama prefecture. Drama is a city in eastern Macedonia
The lyrics of the river song ( by greek students)

( English version)

Oh my river , my river ,
Oh my lovely river when you overflow and become wild,

Carry me away, my sweet river,
travel me away on your waves , on your windings!

( greek version )

Ποταμέ, τζάνε, ποταμέ μου,
Ποταμέ, ποταμέ μου όταν γεμίζεις και βαρείς και κυματίζεις

Πάρε με τζάνε ποταμέ μου
Πάρε με ,πάρε με στα κύματά σου , στα βεργο-γυρίσματά σου.

( greeklish )

potame, tzane, potame mou
potame, potame mou otan gemizeis kai vareis kai kymatizeis

pare me tzane potame mou
pare me sta kymata sou, sta vergo-girismata sou.

Here is the meaning of some words:

Potame=river, tzane=sweet , lovely, mou=my
Kymata =waves, vergo-girismata=windings

Žádné komentáře: